Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Leaky Mini Mansions of Queenstown NZ

Posted 8th October 2017 to the Mountain Scene newspaper Queenstown NZ



I have done a bit of building in my day, I had a grandfather who was a professional carpenter and I was looking at all the modern buildings
In last weeks edition showcasing architecture.

I was surprised to see a large proportion of expensive buildings have deliberately flawed roofing designs that require constant maintenance
making them likely to leak.

Roofs are not rocket science in an area with snow fall loading one must consider the traditional alpine style roofing that protects the building
From harsh weather.. but also excessive sunlight deterioration in summer.

So home builders you might want to ask your architect if common sense is right for you.

Remember in the 21st century, waste IS a terrible thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment