Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ankh Morpork Peak NZ - Independent UK

Posted 17th March 2015 to the Independent UK London.




Years Ago I was asked if I knew of a city in New Zealand that would like to be the Twin City of Terry Pratchett’s Ankh Morpork.
I couldn’t think of any but I believe I found a Mountain Peak that might do.

 Maybe one day we should all believe that as in the words of Terry “Humans need fantasy to be Human”
“To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape” we need to start believing the small things to believe the big things Justice, Mercy, Duty.

Terry was truly the most deserving heir of Tolkien and will live long in our hearts.


From Aaron Nicholson
 Manapouri  Historian NZ




1 comment:

  1. Note: in local folklore the Peak is known to look like a "Morepork" NZ's Native Owl.

    ReplyDelete