Monday, March 10, 2014

Southland Times - State Asset Investments

Posted to the Southland Times 2nd March 2014



Looking at Mark Winter’s Cartoon on Asset Sales the other day made me think, Are the Shares in Meridian Energy a tangible thing?
I have to say I have not noticed the new shareholders in the Manapouri Power Station coming over to View their investment and kick the tyres.
Nor have I heard of any people Asking superintendent John Twidle to show them around their perspective purchase to see what just they are buying.
Let alone the Tiwai Point Smelter to see what’s under the bonnet, after all they both have a lot of miles on the clock and maintenance budgets have been trimmed
Over the years.

Bizarre behaviour ?

I really don’t know why we have to sell shares in specific Government Infrastructure SOEs I recon They should sell Bonds that cover all State Assets
Not just the Sexy Ones, because they ALL need to work and be maintained... That’s Ideal for the Ma & Pa investors who actually want to live in New Zealand
I would think, I know we already have a share in it all when we pay Taxes but some people Should be allowed to pay More Tax and Get More Benefits.

It’s not a million Miles away from Asset sales. It’s just more holistic and a lot more equitable.

Oh and Everybody Wins.


Published as Everyone's a winner March 4th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment