Saturday, October 19, 2013

Mayor Len Brown Confirms Affair - Stuff

15 October 2013 stuff.ed.co.nz




Auckland Mayor Len Brown has said he caused his family "harm, shame and humiliation" by having an affair but will not step down.
He appeared on TV3's Campbell Live this evening just hours after news broke that he had had an affair with a junior council advisor - named as Bevan Chuang.
Earlier, he said in a statement: "I told my wife previously, and she and I are working through the issues privately. We are looking to protect our children as best we can."
Brown was elected for a second term on Saturday, and said he had told his wife and daughters about the affair last week.
"This evening my house is surrounded. As I go through this, I ask the community and the media to respect my family," he said.
"I’ve cost my wife and children harm and shame and humiliation."
Details of the affair were revealed after Cameron Slater's Whaleoil blog published an account of a woman, her identity not revealed, detailing a  two-year affair.
The mayor, who refused to confirm Chuang's name, said she was not a council employee but served on a council advisory board and stood at this year's election for a ward seat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Odentroll Says: I see no good reason a Man can not have sex and make a good Politician, infact it should be considered a "perk" of the Job, in fact some of our Best Leaders have had Sex on a regular basis. 
Or to put it another way, The Leadership of a City is more important than one wife's Ego.


No comments:

Post a Comment