Friday, August 30, 2013

Dunedin Cable Cars 2013 Reboot


To Christine McDonald Otago Daily Times August 7th 2013



Great to see the in the ODT that the Mornington Cable Cars might be in for a comeback
I was one of the core of people who started a push back in the early 1990s because I grew up in the San Francisco are and I knew just how important the cable cars are to that city.. I even tried to Gift the Cable Car Museum in SF the remains of Mornington Car 104 from Saddle Hill to get the San Francisco guys interested in helping us.

but by 1996 I had to leave Dunedin for Manapouri and had to leave the Group to manage for themselves.

From a Tourism Perspective Dunedin is loosing Countless Dollars for every Minute the Cable Cars don’t return especially now with the Boom in Cruise Ships
and the overdue conversion of the exchange Area into a Hotel Precinct. Dunedin might not see it but statistics say Dunedin at top NZ visitor attraction.

And now that there are unemployed Railway Engineers from Hillside Road Kicking around, making Cable-Cars from Scratch would make perfect sense.
Thirty Years of Talking is enough I think its time for some action.

No comments:

Post a Comment