Thursday, December 27, 2012

Otago Daily Times - Hollyford Road Bru Ha Ha

Letters to the Editor Otago Daily Times 27th Dec 2012



Dear Editor:
Southlanders who hate the Milford Monorail and Tunnel are praising the Haast Holyford Road concept.
I know Southland would like to have a Boarder Crossing into Westland but I don't get the Financial Model they are working from.. Personally if I where the Minister of Tourism I would be looking into this, Its not Money for nothing for Southland Tourism development it's just moving things around with no Idea of unintended consequences!

If I was advisor to the Ministry of Tourism I would point out if the Hollyford Road Made it as Far as boat Landing on the Lower Holyford that would open up Martins Bay and the Pyke Valley to Adventure Tourism and shoring up a 4wd road from the old Lake Wilmot miners camp to Jackson's Bay would give us a world class Wilderness adventure for a fraction of the cost and Like the Grand Canyon it could be done by Mule past Lake Alabaster.
The Consequences for this my be smaller but they would all be good ones, for the last great Westland wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment